- (1) cup pitted whole dates, soaked 3-4 hours in cold water
- (1/4) cup date soaking water
- (1) cup raw almonds, ground finely
- (1) tsp vanilla
- (1/2) cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- (1/2) cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- (1/4) cup cocoa nibs (optional)
- (1/4) tsp salt
Start by soaking the dates in enough cold water to cover. Let soak at room temperature to soften for 3-4 hours or so (you can get away with less if you need to). When ready, drain the dates and reserve (1/4) cup of the soaking water. Combine the soaked dates and the reserved water in the blender, and blend on high. Use a spatula to agitate and blend until the dates are ‘creamed’. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix with your hands until well combined. Get in there and squish everything together well. If you need, add more coconut or peanut butter to thicken, but the mixture should be sticky but dry enough to form balls with.